HAMPTON JUNIOR SCHOOL PE VISION STATEMENT
We aim to promote children's learning and overall well-being through sport by providing opportunities for all pupils to participate and achieve excellence. This supports our whole school vision: 'Be the best you can be.'
Sports Premium Action Plan 2019-20
Sports Premium Action Plan 2018-19
Sports Premium Action Plan 2017-18
Sports Premium Action Plan 2016-2017-'with impact'
What is the Sports Premium?
The Government is providing funding of £150 million per annum to schools as part of the Sports Premium initiative. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.
- Providing children with access to specialist sport facilities.
How we will use our Sports Premium?
We provide our children with the opportunity to ‘be the best they can be’ and we believe PE and sport make a significant contribution towards this.
As part of our action plan, we have identified the following focus areas:
- To teach PE through other areas of the curriculum
- Measure children’s progression throughout the school
- Improve staff skills and confidence in delivering PE lessons
- Involve children in organising and officiating sport in the school
- Improve the range of activities available to children at Hampton Junior School
- Improve participation in PE, Clubs and Competition
- Embed the whole school vision into PE
- Promote health and wellbeing
How we ensure the spending of this grant is sustainable
The Government provides additional ring fenced funding to improve Physical Education and Sport Provision in primary schools. We believe that the improvements we have made spending the grants are sustainable. For example professional development for teachers will mean they will be able to to be used for many years to come by children at the school.