In the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) at Hampton Infants our aims are to:
- Support children to make a positive, smooth and happy transition from home to school
- Provide a safe, secure, enabling and nurturing environment for children to learn in
- Create an environment that promotes independence and high levels of involvement in play
- Play alongside children and support the learning that naturally occurs
- Provide a broad and balanced high quality curriculum in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage guidance
- Foster positive home school links with parents and other care providers
We follow The Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum. This framework is a means of ensuring high standards of early education and care that will reassure parents that their child’s development is being fully supported. It underpins all future learning by supporting and fostering the children’s personal, social and emotional wellbeing. Children learn best when they are healthy, safe and secure, when their individual needs are met, and when they have positive relationships with the adults caring for them.
Assessment in Nursery and Reception is carried out in line with the ‘Early Years Foundation Stage’ and staff observe the children to create a ‘learning journey’ which evidences the child’s progress through the Foundation Stage. We document each child’s learning using ‘Tapestry’ and provide parents with opportunities to share learning from home using ‘wow’ moments.
Key stage 1.
Through our curriculum we will provide opportunities for all children to excel – for every child to have their ‘moment to shine’. We recognise that all children will achieve different levels of academic excellence, and we celebrate all successes, no matter how big or small, to ensure each child feels recognised and valued. Our aim is to develop resilient learners who have transferable skills essential for life-long learning.